Equitable distribution. Alimony. Child Support. Relocation. Parenting Plans.
Trust us, we get it. The concept of going to court for a divorce, or a paternity judgement, or to change your existing alimony, child support, or child timesharing judgement with a post-judgement modification is daunting.
It meanders through multiple layers of bureaucracy and involves changing a lot of paperwork.
But there is light at the end of the tunnel. Freedom, a new chapter, the ability to look forward to the future.
We’re here to help you plan for it.
Family Solutions Sessions are focused on one very specific issue. You could choose from the following options for your session:
• Predict likely outcomes for temporary or permanent alimony – what you will have to pay or receive?
• Calculate expected child support – what you will likely have to pay or receive?
• Strategize for a realistic division of marital assets – who will likely get what?
• Develop your ideal parenting plan – how will time sharing be split?
• Changing an existing alimony, child support, or child timesharing judgement with a post-judgement modification – is it likely you can change it?
• Filling for a paternity judgement – how will establishing the legal father change child support, timesharing, and other parental rights and responsibilities?
• Relocations – how will your move (or your ex’s) affect time sharing?
Vanessa explains these issues further here:
A Family Solution Session is also different from a regular consultation. Vanessa explains those differences here:
But we can help you prepare and understand what the implications of filing a case and going to court will be, so you can make the best decision for you and your family.
Deciding that you are ready for a change is a massive step, but it is only the first one.
Planning for the financial aspects of of the change, protecting your children and keeping their life in balance — its completely understandable why family law matters are considered some of the most stressful events one can go through in life.
But we are here to help you through it.