vanessa vasquez de lara, esq.
founder, owner & attorney
(1) DEFINITIONS.—As used in this section, the term:
(2) RELOCATION BY AGREEMENT.—
(a) If the parents and every other person entitled to access to or time-sharing with the child agree to the relocation of the child, they may satisfy the requirements of this section by signing a written agreement that:
(3) PETITION TO RELOCATE.—Unless an agreement has been entered as described in subsection (2), a parent or other person seeking relocation must file a petition to relocate and serve it upon the other parent, and every other person entitled to access to or time-sharing with the child. The pleadings must be in accordance with this section:
(a) The petition to relocate must be signed under oath or affirmation under penalty of perjury and include:
(e) Relocating the child without complying with the requirements of this subsection subjects the party in violation to contempt and other proceedings to compel the return of the child and may be taken into account by the court in any initial or postjudgment action seeking a determination or modification of the parenting plan or the access or time-sharing schedule as:
(6) TEMPORARY ORDER.—
(a) The court may grant a temporary order restraining the relocation of a child, order the return of the child, if a relocation has previously taken place, or order other appropriate remedial relief, if the court finds:
(b) The court may grant a temporary order permitting the relocation of the child pending final hearing, if the court finds:
(7) NO PRESUMPTION; FACTORS TO DETERMINE CONTESTED RELOCATION.—A presumption in favor of or against a request to relocate with the child does not arise if a parent or other person seeks to relocate and the move will materially affect the current schedule of contact, access, and time-sharing with the nonrelocating parent or other person. In reaching its decision regarding a proposed temporary or permanent relocation, the court shall evaluate all of the following:
(9) ORDER REGARDING RELOCATION.—If relocation is approved:
(a) This section applies:
I hired Vanessa to assist me with a modification to my existing parenting plan due to relocation. Vanessa and her team were efficient and quick. I was able to amicably work out terms with my ex thanks to the guidance and care the office took with my case. I highly recommend Vanessa to anyone who needs a family attorney.
I’ve had the privilege of working with Vanessa before. She helped my daughter and me at a time when we most needed it. If Vanessa needs anything I hope that she knows that I won’t hesitate to run to her aid, even after many years. If anyone needs a good and experienced family lawyer with a big heart, I have and will continue to refer them to Vanessa!
Not only is Vanessa extremely knowledgeable, but she truly does care, she is passionate about her work and that really shines through as she will always give 100% in everything she does. If you are looking for a lawyer, there is no better option than Vasquez de Lara Law Group
I had a phenomenal experience with this divorce law firm. The staff was very helpful and knowledgeable. Their level of professionalism is second to none. I would highly recommend them.
Vanessa de Lara is an outstanding family lawyer. I couldn’t have made a better choice, Vanessa does what she says she is going to do, when she says she’ll do it - her advice is firm, reasonable and fair. She is responsive to communications and a great listener." Thank you Vasquez de Lara Group for your advices.
Vanessa Vasquez is one of the best, most knowledgeable, and outstanding lawyers I have ever met. She is hard-working but most importantly, she is passionate about her work and her clients. She sees divorce as a last resource. I'd definitely recommend her as a family lawyer.
Handling your divorce case or custody dispute on your own is not easy without an attorney. It’s also not the best choice. Family court is very procedural. You may have all it takes to win your case, but just filing something wrong can cause huge delays and increase the chances that you lose in court. Review your case for free today.