Ver en Español
Free Case Evaluation Call Now

I have temporary custody of my grandson since Sept/09 when his mother was put in prison she is being released. Can she take him?

[dropcap type=”circle” color=”#ffffff” background=”#555555″]Q[/dropcap] She will be on probation for 5 years once released. she has 3 children all being raised by the grandparents.

[dropcap type=”circle” color=”#ffffff” background=”#ef7f2c”]A[/dropcap] You will need to file a Petition for Custody by Extended Family Member. This will require your daughter to go to court to be able to obtain custody of the children again. This process would best be handled by an experienced family attorney as you have to demonstrate why the mother having custody is not in the child’s best interest. This petition can only be done after you have had the children for more than 30 days. Therefore if she comes and takes them from you, you will be unable to use this procedure. Good Luck.


Credit by Avvo.com