Ver en Español
Free Case Evaluation Call Now

FOR MEN ONLY: 7 Things You Absolutely Need To Know BEFORE Filing For Divorce in Florida – WATCH VIDEO

How do I handle parent not following a court ordered time share plan?

Changes to the order are not permitted unless both parents agree. That means if he wants less time your options are to a) agree, b) not agree and advise that he either takes whole weekend or no part of the weekend. But he can only return them early if you agree. Since this may create issues with your kids, it is possible that you may start denying him the shorter weekends in order not to be stuck having him return them early.

Author Bio

Vanessa Vasquez de Lara is the founder and owner of Vasquez de Lara Law Group, a Miami family law firm. With over 20 years of experience in family law, she has zealously represented clients in various legal matters, including divorces, child support, child custody, alimony, and other family law cases.

Vanessa received her Juris Doctor from the University of Miami School of Law in 2002 and is a member of the Florida Bar Association. She has received numerous accolades for her work, including being named to the 2015 Super Lawyers Rising Stars and the 2016-2023 Super Lawyers list.

LinkedIn | State Bar Association | Avvo | Google