Ver en Español
Free Case Evaluation Call Now

FOR MEN ONLY: 7 Things You Absolutely Need To Know BEFORE Filing For Divorce in Florida – WATCH VIDEO

Because my ex-wife has allowed her boyfriend to move in with her, can I now reduce or stop paying alimony entirely?

Your former spouse being in a supportive relationship may be grounds for a modification of alimony. This can only happen if the court ordered the alimony in the first place or if you both reached a marital settlement agreement that left the alimony as modifiable. You should consult with an attorney on this issue to ensure that you qualify for a modification.

Author Bio

Vanessa Vasquez de Lara is the founder and owner of Vasquez de Lara Law Group, a Miami family law firm. With over 20 years of experience in family law, she has zealously represented clients in various legal matters, including divorces, child support, child custody, alimony, and other family law cases.

Vanessa received her Juris Doctor from the University of Miami School of Law in 2002 and is a member of the Florida Bar Association. She has received numerous accolades for her work, including being named to the 2015 Super Lawyers Rising Stars and the 2016-2023 Super Lawyers list.

LinkedIn | State Bar Association | Avvo | Google