When a parent is seeking to change there child’s name due to any reasons, the family courts are the place to seek relief. The process itself is fairly simple and involves filing a Petition for Name Change (Minor Child), together with the petitioning parent’s electronic fingerprints. The parents of the child must be in agreement,...
Read More
1 Try to negotiate with the other party. It is always best to approach the former spouse or the other parent and give them an opportunity to work with you on changes to the prior agreement or final judgment. Sometimes the parties can agree and no lawyers or courts need to become involved. 2 If...
Read More
A simplified dissolution of marriage refers to a less complicated procedure available under certain circumstances for obtaining a divorce. This process is normally faster than a standard dissolution and for a short term or no asset/liabilities marriage can be beneficial. A husband and wife may obtain a divorce through the simplified dissolution procedure only if...
Read More
1 34 35 36