Ver en Español
Free Case Evaluation Call Now

FOR MEN ONLY: 7 Things You Absolutely Need To Know BEFORE Filing For Divorce in Florida – WATCH VIDEO

Can I move out of Florida with my son back to (a different state)?

If you are an unwed mother and there is no order finding that the Father is the “legal father” and giving him time sharing, Florida law gives you sole guardianship of the child and sole parental responsibility. Therefore you have the authority to relocate with the child. Due to the sensitive nature of this situation, you should consult with a family attorney that can review all of the facts of your matter and give more personalized advice.

Author Bio

Vanessa Vasquez de Lara is the founder and owner of Vasquez de Lara Law Group, a Miami family law firm. With over 20 years of experience in family law, she has zealously represented clients in various legal matters, including divorces, child support, child custody, alimony, and other family law cases.

Vanessa received her Juris Doctor from the University of Miami School of Law in 2002 and is a member of the Florida Bar Association. She has received numerous accolades for her work, including being named to the 2015 Super Lawyers Rising Stars and the 2016-2023 Super Lawyers list.

LinkedIn | State Bar Association | Avvo | Google